Customer Q&A Exchange
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Next to the 5V power jack is the power LED. Lit while powered and on
USER0 is the heartbeat indicator from the Linux kernel.
USER1 turns on when the microSD card is being accessed
USER2 is an activity indicator. It turns on when the kernel is not in the idle loop.
USER3 turns on when the onboard eMMC is being accessed.
• USER0 is the heartbeat indicator from the Linux kernel.
• USER1 turns on when the microSD card is being accessed
• USER2 is an activity indicator. It turns on when the kernel is not in the idle loop.
• USER3 turns on when the onboard eMMC is being accessed
$ mkdir /media/udisk
$ mount /dev/sda1 /media/udisk
Execute the following instructions to patch the image
$ cp -f /media/udisk/zImage /boot/uboot
$ cp -f /media/udisk/*.dtb /boot/uboot/dtbs
$ tar -xvf /media/udisk/kernel_modules.tar.gzvcd -C /
$ cp -f /media/udisk/xorg.conf /etc/X11/
Power off the board and connect BeagleBone Black, BB VIEW and an LCD display, and then power it on again. The following instructions are executed in putty for use of 7” LCD Displays
root@beaglebone:~# cd /boot/uboot/dtbs
root@beaglebone:~# cp am335x-boneblack-lcd7.dtb am335x-boneblack.dtb
Now restart the board to finish the demonstration with a 7” LCD display.
root@beaglebone:~# rm /etc/pointercal*
and then reboot the board
• SD Boot…This mode will boot from the microSD slot. This mode can be used to override what is on the eMMC device and can be used to program the eMMC when used in the manufacturing process or for field updates.
• Serial Boot…This mode will use the serial port to allow downloading of the software direct. A separate USB to serial cable is required to use this port.
• USB Boot…This mode supports booting over the USB port.
Like to see information about this product from other customers?