Customer Q&A Exchange
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
$ mkdir /media/udisk
$ mount /dev/sda1 /media/udisk
Execute the following instructions to patch the image
$ cp -f /media/udisk/zImage /boot/uboot
$ cp -f /media/udisk/*.dtb /boot/uboot/dtbs
$ tar -xvf /media/udisk/kernel_modules.tar.gzvcd -C /
$ cp -f /media/udisk/xorg.conf /etc/X11/
Power off the board and connect BeagleBone Black, BB VIEW and an LCD display, and then power it on again.Now to connect to BBView 4.3. The following instructions are executed in PuTTY for the use of 4.3” LCD displays
root@beaglebone:~# cd /boot/uboot/dtbs
root@beaglebone:~# cp am335x-boneblack-lcd4.dtb am335x-boneblack.dtb
Now restart the board to complete the configuration for the 4.3” LCD display
root@beaglebone:~# rm /etc/pointercal*
and then reboot the board
• USER0 is the heartbeat indicator from the Linux kernel.
• USER1 turns on when the microSD card is being accessed
• USER2 is an activity indicator. It turns on when the kernel is not in the idle loop.
• USER3 turns on when the onboard eMMC is being accessed
• SD Boot…This mode will boot from the microSD slot. This mode can be used to override what is on the eMMC device and can be used to program the eMMC when used in the manufacturing process or for field updates.
• Serial Boot…This mode will use the serial port to allow downloading of the software direct. A separate USB to serial cable is required to use this port.
• USB Boot…This mode supports booting over the USB port
Like to see information about this product from other customers?