TEXAS INSTRUMENTS MDL-S2E MODULE, SERIAL TO ETHERNET, 230.4KBPS
Image is for illustrative purposes only. Please refer to product description.
- Manufacturer: TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
- Newark Part No.: 45P3746
- Manufacturer Part No MDL-S2E
- Data Rate: 230.4Kbps
- Module Applications: Industrial Automation and Networking
- Module Interface: Serial
- Processor Type: -
- SVHC: To Be Advised
MDL-S2E is a tiny-footprint Stellaris Serial-to-Ethernet Module which offers a complete, ready-to-implement solution designed to add web connectivity to any serial device. The most common application for the MDL-S2E is for augmenting legacy products that only contain a serial port for a configuration or control interface. In addition, newer computers, especially laptop computers, do not necessarily have serial ports and a serial connection is limited by cable length (typically 10 m). Simply installing a Stellaris Serial-to-Ethernet Module into the legacy serial device provides many benefits including no major board redesign or software changes, easy sharing on a network other than Ethernet, tiny form-factor for unobtrusive implementation and 10-meter maximum cable length for serial connections is no longer a limitation.
- LM3S6432 in a 10 x 10mm BGA package for reduced board size
- 10/100Mbit Ethernet port
- Auto MDI/MDIX cross-over correction
- Traffic and link indicators Serial ports
- UART ports include RTS/CTS for flow control
- UART0 has RS-232 levels, transceiver runs at up to 230.4Kbaud
- UART1 has CMOS/TTL levels, can run at 1.0Mbaud
- JTAG port pads for factory programming
- Telnet client for Ethernet based serial port extender
- IP configuration with static IP address or DHCP
- Building Automation
- Test & Measurement
- Communications & Networking
- Sensing & Instrumentation
Find similar products grouped by common attribute
Availability: No Longer Manufactured
Pricing is unavailable. Please contact customer services.
Legislation and Environmental
Find products functionally similar to this one. Select one of the following links, and you will be taken to a product group page that presents all products in this category that share the given attribute.
Customer Q&A Exchange
Like to see information about this product from other customers?