Fluke Connect™ System Now Available at Newark element14
The largest system of connected test tools in the world, Fluke Connect improves maintenance team communication, safety and productivity
June 2, 2014 – CHICAGO – Newark element14 announces the availability of the new Fluke Connect™ system, which allows maintenance technicians to wirelessly transmit measurement data from their test tools to their smart phones for secure storage on the cloud and universal team access from the field. More than 20 Fluke tools connect wirelessly with the app, including digital multimeters, infrared cameras, insulation testers, process meters, and specific voltage, current and temperature models.
“We are thrilled to bring the new Fluke Connect system to market,” said Jimmy Seifert, senior vice president, product, supplier, asset and pricing at Newark element14. “This is another example of how we support our customers from the beginning of the design lifecycle all the way through to maintenance and repair. The Fluke Connect allows maintenance technicians to make better, faster decisions by giving them access to records and measurements in real-time and increases the safety of the technicians working with energized equipment.”
The Fluke Connect system features:
- EquipmentLog™: allows technicians to assign measurements to specific equipment, creating a cloud-based history of test measurement data for easy access during both troubleshooting and reliability maintenance.
- TrendIt™: enables technicians to instantly graph data, helping to identify trends and quickly make informed decisions.
- AutoRecord™: allows technicians to automatically document measurements and infrared images to the Fluke Cloud™ storage, so everyone on the team with a smart phone and the app can see the data.
- ShareLive™: video calls allow easy team collaboration, where technicians can share measurements in real-time, get approvals for repairs or get questions answered without leaving the field.
“The Fluke Connect system allows technicians to share data from anywhere,” said Sal Parlatore, vice president global marketing, Fluke Corporation. “In today’s increasingly connected business environment, it is critical for those in the field to be in constant contact with their teams. This app will revolutionize the way maintenance and repair technicians work, cutting back on costs and time and solving real-world problems through technology.”
To learn more about the system and download the app, visit the Fluke Connect homepage.
Newark element14 is a high-service distributor of technology products and engineering solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Newark element14’s products and solutions are complimented by the element14 Community, a 230,000-member resource where purchasers and engineers can access peers and experts, a wide range of independent technical information and helpful tools. Newark element14 is the trusted source to keep projects on the fast track, from the start of a design through to production and beyond. To learn more about Newark element14 and their offerings, visit www.newark.com.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. It trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific. With sales last year of £968m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers' needs.
Premier Farnell works with key strategic suppliers to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites, with customer support provided by degreed engineers. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter -@element14news; @element14
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 36 different countries
- More than 4,300 employees
- More than 3,500 leading suppliers
- More than 500,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.
For additional information:
PR and Social Media Manager
Walker Sands Communications