Newark element14 Wins Top Industry and Supplier Awards at EDS 2014
May 22, 2014 – CHICAGO – Newark element14 was named a winner of several industry and supplier-specific awards at this year's EDS show in Las Vegas. The event, held every May, is an opportunity for suppliers and distributors, primarily from across North America, to fine-tune existing business strategies establish relationships with new partners as well.
The awards won by Newark element14 recognize the company as an innovator in the distribution of design engineering products and highlight growth in customer base and sales.
"We're honored to see our innovative approach to the distribution of technology products and engineering solutions recognized by so many great organizations," said Jimmy Seifert, SVP Supplier, Asset, Product and Pricing Management at Newark element14. "This is great validation that we are meeting our goals, are true partners with our suppliers and are integral to their success."
Awards won by Newark element14 included:
- ECN Impact Awards – Recognizing the top products and services in design engineering, the ECN Impact Awards were presented in 18 categories. Newark element14 won in the Distributor Innovation category for its open-source platform on the element14 Community.
- VCC – Distributor of the Year Award
- Keystone – Gold Level Distributor Award
- Harting – Distinguished Award for New Customer Growth
- NTE - $2 Million Dollar Club Award for outstanding sales growth, product promotion and superior distribution
Newark element14 is a high-service distributor of technology products and engineering solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Newark element14’s products and solutions are complimented by the element14 Community, a 230,000-member resource where purchasers and engineers can access peers and experts, a wide range of independent technical information and helpful tools. Newark element14 is the trusted source to keep projects on the fast track, from the start of a design through to production and beyond. To learn more about Newark element14 and their offerings, visit www.newark.com.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. It trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific. With sales last year of £968m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers' needs.
Premier Farnell works with key strategic suppliers to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites, with customer support provided by degreed engineers. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources.
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 36 different countries
- More than 4,300 employees
- More than 3,500 leading suppliers
- More than 500,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.