Newark element14 Launches Low-Cost Motor Control Development Kit – Featuring the S12 MagniV from Freescale
April 23, 2014 – CHICAGO – As part of its growing development kit offering, Newark element14 has partnered with Freescale to launch the MagniV S12ZVML-MINIBRD variable speed motor control development kit.
The board was designed for engineers and hobbyists requiring a single-board solution to drive low-voltage variable-speed BLDC/PMSM motors using Trapezoidal or Field Oriented Control.
The new S12ZVML-MINIBRD provides a low-cost and easy-to-use motor control evaluation and development platform. The kit includes both the hardware and software needed to get a variable-speed motor up and running quickly with the included software libraries and development tools. It is ideal for Sensorless BLDC or PMSM motor control as well as Bidirectional DC motors (H-Bridge).
- Allows FOC and Trapazoidal Control
- Includes easy to use motor tuning software and libraries
- 6 N-channel FETs with 5-8A drive capability
- LIN connector
- Onboard BDM-to-USB debug interface
- Single chip MCU with GDU + VREG + LIN phy + op-amp integrated
- From 32K to 128K flash
- Programmable Trigger Unit (PTU) synchronizes conversion sequences with the PMW Module (PMF) for maximum precision and minimum CPU loading
- No external components required for back-EMF sensing
- S12Z CPU @ 50MHz bus speed
- VREG + 5V/20mA sensor supply
- LIN PHY, LIN2.1 / 2.2 / J2602 compliant
- 6ch Gate Pre-Driver (GDU) with nom. 100nC total Gate Charge
- Dual 12bit ADC, synch with PWM
- Programmable Triggering unit with fault protection
- 2x Op-amp for current
- Up to 128K Flash and 512byte EEPROM
"In alignment with our strategic partnership, Freescale worked with us to produce and launch the board through the manufacturing capabilities we are now able to offer through Embest, a wholly owned Premier Farnell subsidiary," said David Chen, CTO at Premier Farnell, Newark element14's parent company. "The Freescale MagniV is the latest in our ever-expanding range of solutions, offering everything from starter kits to complete development boards, including the newest releases and exclusive bundles."
Low cost at $69, MagniV is available from Newark element14 in North America, Farnell element14 in Europe and element14 in Asia Pacific. For more information on our development kit solutions visit www.newark.com
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. It trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific. With sales last year of £968m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers' needs.
Premier Farnell works with key strategic suppliers to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites, with customer support provided by degreed engineers. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources.
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 36 different countries
- More than 4,300 employees
- More than 3,500 leading suppliers
- More than 500,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.