Newark element14 Offers New Molex® Mega-Fit Power Connectors
High current-density, small footprint provides reliability for virtually any general market application
March 31, 2014 – CHICAGO – Newark element14 is now offering the Molex Mega-Fit Power Connector, delivering cutting-edge current density at 23.0 amps per circuit on a 5.7-millimeter pitch and row spacing. The compact form factor paired with high-current terminals provides one of the most power-dense connectors available.
The split-box terminal design offers six independent contact points for redundant current paths and long-term performance and reliability in virtually every industry and application. The Mega-Fit products maintain many of the characteristics of the power products offered by Molex including isolated terminals, positive housing locks and polarized housings.
Other features include:
- Extended barrel conductor crimp provides strong terminal-to-wire retention
- Sacrificial contacts allow the system to be "hot plugged" at 48V/23.0A up to 30 cycles
- Fully isolated header pins and receptacle terminals to protect against potential damage during handling and mating
- Positive locking housing ensures secure retention when receptacle and header are mated; also delivers an audible click to provide feedback that connector is fully mated
- Headers available in right-angle and vertical configurations
The assemblies have applications in the telecommunications/networking, consumer/home appliance, commercial vehicle and industrial industries.
This offering is part of a larger investment by Newark element14, significantly expanding its connector portfolio. The recently completed investment added thousands of parts to stock, further supporting the design activities of Newark element14's engineering customers.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. It trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific. With sales last year of £968m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers' needs.
Premier Farnell works with key strategic suppliers to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites, with customer support provided by degreed engineers. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources.
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 36 different countries
- More than 4,300 employees
- More than 3,500 leading suppliers
- More than 500,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.