Newark element14 Offers New Molex® Woodhead® MAX-LOC® Plus Shielded Cord Grip Assemblies
Simplified installation design is ideal for high-frequency switched-mode power supply applications
January 16, 2013 – CHICAGO – Newark element14 is now offering the Molex Woodhead® MAX-LOC® Plus Shielded Cord Grip Assemblies, which provide excellent EMI and RFI shielding plus sealing protection from liquids and dust.
The assemblies allow OEM's and end users to connect high-power electrical cables directly to an application via an exterior mounting enclosure, simplifying the installation process for high-volume, cost-sensitive programs. The unique design of the products results in cost and labor savings over conventional industry-standard products.
- Nickel-plated aluminum housing and shielding ring
- Unique grip-body internal cut-away design
- Tapered shielding ring (as opposed to other offerings in the market with finger contacts)
- Internal wedge-shaped grommet
- Two external mounting holes
- Aluminum die-cast, electroless nickel-plated threaded assembly
- Compression nut and stop ring
- Sealed O-ring, IP67 and IP69K rated
- Grip assembly accommodates 1 AWG, 1/0, 2/0 shielded cables with an expanded range to follow
The assemblies have applications in the industrial, aerospace and defense, commercial vehicle, alternative energy and telecommunications/networking industries.
This offering is part of a larger investment by Newark element14, significantly expanding its connector portfolio. The recently completed investment added thousands of parts to stock, further supporting the design activities of Newark element 14's engineering customers.