MICROCHIP RN-42-SM EVALUATION BOARD, BLUETOOTH CLASS 1/2, SOCKET MODULE
Image is for illustrative purposes only. Please refer to product description.
- Manufacturer: MICROCHIP
- Newark Part No.: 94T7999
- Manufacturer Part No RN-42-SM
- Application Sub Type: Bluetooth
- Features: Bluetooth v2.1+EDR support, upto 3.0Mbps burst HCI mode, UART
- Kit Application Type: Wireless Connectivity
- Kit Contents: Board Only
- SVHC: To Be Advised
- Silicon Core Number: -
- Silicon Manufacturer: Microchip
The RN42 is a small form factor, low power, multi-interface protocol, Class 2 Bluetooth radio that is simple to design in, and is fully certified for designers who want to add a complete embedded Bluetooth solution to their products fast. The RN42 delivers up to 3 Mbps data rate for distances up to 20 meters with its high-performance PCB trace antenna and support for Bluetooth EDR. The RN42 is also available without antenna (RN42N) for applications that require an external antenna. The RN42N is form, function, and pin compatible with the RN42. Other configurations include: Apple-compatible firmware (RN42APL-I/RM), HCI mode (RN42HCI-I/RM), HID mode (RN42HID-I/RM), USB mode (RN42U-I/RM), and socket module (RN42SM-I/RM).
- RF Module on a socket pin break out module (RN42SM-I/RM)
- Fully certified Class 2 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR module
- Onboard embedded Bluetooth stack (no host processor required)
- UART (SPP or HCI) and USB (HCI only) data connection hardware interfaces
- Supports Bluetooth data link to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- Supports HID profile for making accessories such as keyboards, mouse, pointing devices
- Programmable low power modes
- Secure communications, 128 bit encryption
- Error correction for guaranteed packet delivery
- UART local and over-the-air RF configuration
- Auto-discovery/pairing requires no software configuration (instant cable replacement)
- Castellated SMT pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- The standard part number (RN42-I/RM) supports SPP and DUN profiles
- Bluetooth SIG qualified
- Communications & Networking
- Consumer Electronics
- Automation & Process Control
- Embedded Design & Development
Find similar products grouped by common attribute
Legislation and Environmental
Find products functionally similar to this one. Select one of the following links, and you will be taken to a product group page that presents all products in this category that share the given attribute.
Customer Q&A Exchange
Like to see information about this product from other customers?
|Newark Part No.||Manufacturer Part No||Manufacturer / Description||Avail||Price||Qty|
RN42 Bluetooth Evaluation Kit, WPD Tool
Non-Cancelable / Non Returnable
Products not normally stocked that show available inventory, are in stock up to the quantity displayed. Additional quantities will ship with lead time displayed.